A group of up to eight people can enjoy the freedom of the Kennet and Avon canal with self-drive day-hire on our traditional style 9m (30ft) narrow boat, Cygnet, which is built to a very high specification. Everyone gets a great view, the main passenger area can be opened up to enjoy the fresh air, and there is a toilet on board for your comfort. It is available for hire most of the year.
- A memorable way to see the Berkshire countryside
- Ideal for a birthday or anniversary treat
- A great day out for a family or group of friends
Cygnet is very easy to steer, with single lever controls and a quiet, modern diesel engine. And of course we’ll give you thorough tuition in handling the boat and operating the locks. Click to view our Self drive narrowboat price list.
On board facilities include
- Large open sided fore deck with roll down waterproof screens
- Seating for up to 8 people with large dining table
- Fully fitted galley
- Sink with hot & cold water
- 4 Burner cooker with grill and oven
- Electric refrigerator
- Fully equipped with kettle, pots and pans, crockery and cutlery
- Tea Towels and hand towel
- Cloakroom with domestic style flushing toilet with hot and cold water
- Background heating via radiators for chilly days